It is the policy of the practice to monitor and manage appointment no-shows and late cancellations. GEM Sleep’s goal is to provide excellent care to each patient in a timely manner. If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, patients are required to do so on GEM patient portal (https://portal.gem.health at least 24 hours before their appointment time. Notification allows the practice to better utilize appointments for other patients in need of prompt medical care.
- A patient is notified of the appointment “No-Show & Cancellation Policy” at the time of scheduling. This policy can and will be provided in writing to patients at their request.
- Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- In the event of a patient “no-show” and/or “same-day cancellation,” the patient may be billed a no-show/cancellation fee of $50.
Definition of key terminology:
- “No-Show” means any patient who fails to arrive for a scheduled appointment within 5 minutes from the scheduled starting time.
- “Same Day Cancellation” means any patient who cancels an appointment less than 24 hours before their scheduled appointment.